Saturday, September 19, 2009

Why I Don’t Trust the Cloud


Isen er usikker ...
/Sik


The ice is thin ...
/Sik



Quote

“Cloud computing” has easily replaced “Web 2.0” as the current trendy buzzword. The state of California is even turning to it for government systems. I have to say, however, that I have serious reservations about heavily implementing cloud computing in my own work flow. I believe that cloud computing is the killer app of the future, but the future isn’t quite here yet.

Don’t get me wrong. I do make limited use of cloud computing applications, especially Gmail. But mostly, I don’t feel comfortable putting my entire computing life “in the cloud”. Here’s why. [...]

Access. [...]

Backups. [...]

Data Loss. [...]

Service Stability. [...]

Privacy & Security. [...]


Read more: http://webworkerdaily.com/2009/09/19/why-i-dont-trust-the-cloud/

No comments:

Post a Comment